Includes Some of the Midwest - 14 Days and 13 Nights
Usually from a Saturday through two Fridays.
A Chicago tour takes you to what was once the 2nd largest city in the US. Since 1980, Chicago has been the 3rd largest city. Its museums are often second to only those in either New York City or Washington, DC. One should allow at least one day for several of the museums. The buildings alone are monuments to architectural achievements.
Chicago tours are offered only during the summer when the weather is generally warm and pleasant.
Chicago tours cover over 2,000 miles/3,219 kilometers. This also covers several cities and sites. We have several tours and admissions to pay third party vendors whom we will need to contact to find out the latest prices. Thus, the pricing will need to be calculated. Allow one week for any quotes. Unless stated, all meals are separate.
- Depart from Houston at 8:00 AM on day 1.
- Drive approximately 244 miles/393 kilometers on day 1.
- Arrive in Shreveport, Louisiana for lunch between 12:30 - 2:00 PM on day 1.
- Drive approximately 345 miles/555 kilometers to Memphis, Tennessee on day 1.
- Arrive by 8:00 PM and spend the night in Memphis, Tennessee on day 1.
- Tour Memphis, Tennessee in the morning on day 2.
- Depart Memphis, Tennessee at 1:00 PM on day 2.
- Drive approximately 285 miles/459 kilometers to St. Louis, Missouri on day 2.
- Arrive by 6:00 PM and spend the night in St. Louis on day 2.
- Tour St. Louis, Missouri in the morning on day 3.
- Depart St. Louis, Missouri at 1:00 PM on day 3.
- Drive approximately 301 miles/484 kilometers to Chicago, Illinois on day 3.
- Arrive by 7:00 PM in Chicago, Illinois on day 3.
- Go to the Skydeck and tour Lincoln Park Zoo and Chinatown on day 4.
- Tour the Shedd Aquarium and Adler Planetarium on day 5.
- Tour the Field Museum and attend a baseball game on day 6.
- Tour the Museum of Science and Industry on day 7. Built in 1893.
- Tour the Art Institute of Chicago and Grant Park on day 8.
- Have a free day to shop, tour, relax, or go to the beach independently on day 9.
- Tour the Chicago History Museum and attend a movie in the 1929 Music Box Theater on day 10.
- Tour the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago and a free afternoon on day 11.
- Depart Chicago at 9:00 AM on day 12.
- Drive approximately 202 miles/325 kilometers to Springfield, Illinois on day 12.
- Arrive by 12:30 PM in Springfield, Illinois. Have lunch, tour the state capital, and spend the night on day 12.
- Depart Springfield, Illinois at 9:00 AM on day 13.
- Drive approximately 501 miles/806 kilometers to Little Rock, Arkansas on day 13. Stop somewhere along the way for lunch.
- Arrive by 6:00 PM and spend the night in Little Rock, Arkansas on day 13. Little Rock is the state capital.
- Tour Little Rock, Arkansas in the morning on day 14.
- Depart Little Rock, Arkansas by 12:00 PM.
- Drive approximately 144 miles/232 kilometers to Texarkana, Arkansas or Texas on day 14.
- Stop in Texarkana for lunch between 2:30 and 4:00 PM.
- Drive approximately 294 miles/473 kilometers to Houston.
- Arrive by 9:00 PM in Houston on day 14.
- 1 night in Memphis, Tennessee.
- 1 night in St. Louis, Missouri.
- 9 nights in Chicago, Illinois.
- 1 night in Springfield, Illinois.
- 1 night in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Breakfast is included in St. Louis and Springfield.
Dinner is included in St. Louis and Springfield.
Suggestions for activities on the free day:
shopping, a boat tour of Chicago, an architectural tour, or another museum.
Notes for 13- and 12-Day Tours
- This tour can be shortened by one day to 13 days if one deletes touring Memphis and St. Louis on days 2 and 3. This will save approximately $120 per person.
- This tour can be shortened by two days to 12 days if one deletes touring Memphis and St. Louis on days 2 and 3 and the free day on day 9. This will save approximately $220 per person.
Inquire for prices when making reservations.