Brenham, Burton, Chappell Hill, and Washington-on-the Brazos Tours
A tour of Brenham, Burton, Chappell Hill, and Washington-on-the-Brazos is one of our most enjoyable out-of-town tours. Bluebonnets are the official flower of Texas. And, according to the TxDOT, “Brenham is the Bluebonnet Capital of the World.” They are in bloom in the spring. Brenham is located approximately 21 miles southwest of Washington-on-the-Brazos on State Highway 105. Brenham is the seat of Washington County. Its pronounced German population began settling here in the 1840s. It is the home of Blinn College, Texas' first county junior college district, found in 1883.
We offer three different tours of the Brenham, Burton, Chappell Hill, and Washington-on-the-Brazos area. There is so much to do! These are each 7 hours. They begin at 9:00 AM and end at 4:00 PM. Some places are only open seasonally and some places have limited days and hours of operation. Because of the various hours of operations for the attractions, we sometimes mix portions of different tours. They all have the same price.
We also offer separate wine tours and painted and historical churches that are in the Brenham area. Please look at those tours also.
Tour A includes:
- Chappell Hill:
- Visitor's Center in the former Providence Baptist Church Parsonage.
- Chappell Hill Museum (Wednesday through Sunday only).
- The Old Rock Store.
- Shopping antiques and lighting at the Stagecoach In on Saturdays.
- Shopping at the Bluebonnet House (7 days a week during March, April, and October) Friday, Saturday, and Sunday the rest of the year.
- Lunch at the Chappell Hill Cafe, Bever's Kitchen, or the Chappell Hill Bakery and Deli in Chappell Hill.
- Star of the Republic Museum.
- Barrington Living History Farm (Wednesday through Sunday).
Tour B includes:
- Antique Rose Emporium (Sunday 11:00 AM – 5:30 PM and Monday through Saturday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM).
- Texas Baptist Historical Center – Museum (Tuesday through Friday
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM).
- Either the John P. Coles Home Tours of historic homes or a tour of the Seward Plantation, as are available.
- Lunch at Must Be Heaven or some other restaurant and shopping on the town square in Brenham.
Tour C includes:
- Burton: Texas Cotton Gin Museum – Closed on Sunday and Monday.
- Lunch at the Burton Cafe in Burton, JW's Steakhouse in Carmine, or at a restaurant at the town square in Brenham.
- Brenham Heritage Museum (Wednesday 1:00 – 4:00 PM, Thursday through Saturday 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.)
- Chappell Hill: Chappell Hill Lavender Farm (May through October on Sunday from 12:00 to 4:00 PM and on Saturday from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM or by appointment with groups of 12 or more). Closed in the colder months.
Inquire for prices when making reservations.