Psychos, Killers, and Victims
We offer three tours that focus on serial killers, bizarre murders, strange plots, and the victims. Each tour is 5 hours long. We will share with you strange and lurid tales that have made national and international news. The murders focus only on the period of 1970 to the present. Unfortunately, there are plenty of gruesome events to fill three 5-hour tours.
The tours begin at the Houston Visitors Center in downtown. Please click here to be connected to the address and parking information.
The tours are:
- Tour A is mostly in Houston and the interior cities such as West University Place.
- Tour B is on the northwest, north, and northeast side of Houston and in Cypress, outside of the I-610 Loop.
- Tour C is set in the Clear Lake area, Pasadena, and southeast and southwest Houston outside the I-610 Loop.
This tour includes:
- The house where Vernon Wayne Howell (1959 – 1993) AKA David Koresh, the leader of the Branch Davidians, spent his first few years while his grandmother raised him from 1959 to 1966.
- The house where Dr. Larry Schacht (1948 – 1978) grew up and lived until 1976. He designed and used the Flavor Aid-cynacide punch that was drunk in the mass suicide of 907 of 909 members in Jonestown, Guyana, on November 18, 1978.
- Houses where Marshall Herff Applewhite (1931 – 1997) AKA Bo and Do, the founder of the suicidal Heaven’s Gate, lived and the university where he taught between 1965 and 1970.
- Various homes where homosexual, pedophile Dean Arnold Corll (1939 – 1973) AKA The Candy Man and The Pied Piper, tortured, raped, and killed young males from 1970 to 1973.
- A number of sites where serial killer Carl “Coral” Eugene Watts (1953 – 1977) AKA The Sunday Morning Slasher killed his victims. Watts was a misogynist who exclusively murdered women by strangulation, stabbing, bludgeoning, and drowning because he thought that they were evil between 1980 and 1982.
- The house of victim Claudia Benton who was killed by serial killer Angel Maturino Resendiz (1959 – 2006) AKA Rafael Resendez-Ramirez, Angel Reyes Resendiz, The Railway Killer, The Railcar Killer. Resendiz raped, stabbed, and bludgeoned Benton on December 17, 1998. He then stole her vehicle.
- The home where Angel Maturino Resendiz murdered Noemi Dominguez by bludgeoning her to death with a pickaxe on June 4, 1999. Resendiz then stole her vehicle.
- The condominium where 44-year old Ana Trujillo AKA Ana Fox used her stiletto heel 25 to 30 times to stab to death her 59-year old boyfriend, Professor Alf Stefan Andersson of the University of Houston, at his home, on June 9, 2013.
This tour includes:
- The apartment complex where 23-year old Karla Faye Tucker (1959 – 1998) and Danny Garrett murdered Jerry Lynn Dean and Deborah Thornton using a hammer and a pickaxe. Tucker reported that she was so excited during the killings that she had multiple orgasms while thrusting the pickaxe into Thornton. Tucker embedded the axe into Thornton’s heart, on June 14, 1983.
- The house where 26-year old Susan Lucille Wright stabbed her 34-year old husband Jeffrey Wright 193 times, killing him, on January 13, 2003.
- The apartment where 27-year old Timothy Wayne Shepherd lived, strangled, murdered, and dismembered his girlfriend, 19-year old Tynesha Stewart, on or about March 15, 2007. Within the next few days, Shepherd grilled Stewart on a couple of barbecue grills and possibly ate his girlfriend.
- The park where 17-year old Priscilla Rodriguez, an only child, and her 18-year old boyfriend Gerson Funes-Reina dumped the suitcase that contained Priscilla’s 55-year old mother, Maria Rodriguez whom Gerson had murdered, on or about August 31, 2008.
- The college campus where 20-year old Dylan Quick knifed 14 people using an X-Acto blade because he had had fantasies since elementary school of committing such an act on April 9, 2013.
This tour includes:
- The storage facility that had the boathouse that Dean Arnold Corll AKA the Candy Man and The Pied Piper used to store many of the corpses of his victims between 1970 and 1973.
- The house where 17-year old Elmer Wayne Henley, Jr. murdered his mentor, 33-year old Dean Arnold Corll. Henley was one of Corll’s two henchmen. Corll was a homosexual, pedophile, torturer, and rapist who killed at least 28 males in what is known as the Houston Mass Murders between 1970 and 1973. This came to an end on August 8, 1973.
- The home of Danny Garrett, the boyfriend of Karla Faye Tucker, and where she lived, on June 14, 1983.
- The house of 36-year old Andrea and Rusty Yates where the Christian woman, who suffered from post-partum depression, drowned her 5 children, ranging in age from six months to seven years, in the bathtub when she thought that the devil was influencing them to misbehave, on June 20, 2001.
- The hotel where 44-year old Clara Suarez Harris ran over her philandering husband David Lynn Harris three times with her 16-year old step-daughter in the passenger seat watching her step-mother murder her father, on July 24, 2002.
- The house of 43-year old Lisa Nowak. She was an astronaut who was married with three children, but cheating on her husband with another astronaut, the divorced astronaut William Oefelein. When Oefelein wanted to break off the relationship because he began cheating on Lisa with another woman, Colleen Shipman, Lisa Nowak drove 900 miles/1,400 kilometers from Houston, Texas to Orlando, Florida wearing her NASA diapers, and bringing latex gloves, a black wig, a BB pistol and ammunition, pepper spray, a hooded tan trench coat, a 2-pound drilling hammer, black gloves, rubber tubing, plastic garbage bags, approximately $585 in cash, her computer, an 8-inch (20 cm) Gerber folding knife and several other items to confront the competition with the seeming intent to do bodily harm and attacked Shipman, on February 5, 2007.
- The house of 61-year old Joe Horn. Mr. Horn saw two Afro-Latino Colombian men robbing the unoccupied house of a neighbor and called the emergency number 911. While speaking to the dispatcher, an unidentified plains clothes police officer arrived to watch what would happen and took no action. Horn stated that he would kill the two robbers. The dispatcher told Horn that police were on the way and not to take action. Nonetheless, Horn exited his house, and shot and killed the two men in the back. These discussions were all recorded, on November 14, 2007.